- Kretchmers Fine Jewelry
- Mona Van Riper
- Mona Van Riper 18K & 925 .28tcw Diamond Turquoise Bolo Tie 43.9g
Mona Van Riper 18K & 925 .28tcw Diamond Turquoise Bolo Tie 43.9gMona Van Riper was raised in Santa Fe and Taos, New Mexico. She began silver-smithing at the Mabel Dodge Lujan House in Taos in 1976. Making and designing jewelry has been a constant part of her life ever since. Mona is most well-known for her elaborate and intricate buckles, whether with a western theme, crown, fleur-de-lis, heart or with her eponymous skulls. Most of the country’s finest buckle makers—often artisans who learned the skills from their fathers and grandfathers—ply their craft in remote locales, often in obscurity. Mona Van Riper fits that profile. She creates one-of-a-kind turquoise, 18-karat gold, and sterling silver buckles in a 10-by-10-foot utility room in her home located on a dirt road, miles outside of Santa Fe, N.M. Mona’s early jewelry was heavy stamped Navajo style made from hand-cast ingots and coins. Over the years her style has developed into a more sophisticated and contemporary look while maintaining her signature old-world flavor. In 1992 Mona introduced engraving into her work which has given her jewelry a broader appeal. Currently Mona’s unique jewelry is made from sterling silver in combination with 18 karat gold overlays and engraving. She often uses rare and very high-grade custom cut turquoise in her pieces. Mixing precious and semi-precious stones also gives her jewelry a timeless look.
- 925 Sterling Vintage Native Mens Old Pawn Turquoise Cluster Ring 33.4g, s15, 1.25" Wide
- 925 Sterling Vintage Native Mens 1911 Liberty Head Ring 11.8g, s13 7/8" Diameter
- 925 Sterling Mens Snake Chain 29.6g, 23" 4.2mm Gauge
- 925 Sterling Native Old Pawn Turquoise & Green Stone Cuff Bracelet 16.1g, 3/8" Wide